From:
Len Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 23:37:31 +0000
On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 Donald Rex Gaither <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>   I have a question for some of the older computer people.  Does anyone
>remeber what IRQ the old ISA SVGA cards used?  Specifically a 1meg card
>running Trident 8900 chip?  I am trying to trouble shoot a problem with a
>Hitachi Quad speed cdrom drive locking up when put on an FIC VIP-IO
>motherboard's secondary EIDE controller.

The following comment is in section 6.4 of Microsoft Knowledge Base
article Q103286 'Contents of Windows NT SETUP.TXT, Part 2'.

"In general, Windows NT video drivers do not use interrupts. Many VGA
cards use jumpers to enable IRQ 2 interrupt for EGA compatibility."

Len Warner <[log in to unmask]> http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~len/ ICQ:10120933

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]