From:
David Olds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 13:09:40 -0500
This is correct in the fact that the HX chipset easily handles 75-200 mhz
CPUs. I dont know if the manual is exactly for your motherboard as in jumper
settings,etc...But as far as theory what it and cannot do are so much tied
to the Chipset that it accurately describes the features and limitations of
the board. I think you will find if you open the case that the jumper
setting are silkscreened on the board itself. Upgrading this board is just a
matter of locating the jumpers and the settings information. After you have
done that, you activate the ZIF lever on the CPU socket, releasing the CPU,
then lift the CPU out of the socket. Make the correct CPU jumper and any Bus
speed settings and in the case of 166/200 changing the voltage jumper to
VRE. These should be described in the manual you have, they are the same
changes to make on your board, the only difference may be placement. The
just replace the new CPU and close the lever to secure the CPU....close
case, replace any cords and turn on...

David Olds