From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 11:15:40 -0700
The first step is to determine if your system is accessing the 16mgs of ram
on the video card.   The NOSPIN Group has a file download area where we
maintain as many utility files/programs as we can find, (if anyone knows of
applications or files we have missed, let us know).  In this area is a shareware
application BCM Diagnostics that will test report the amount of ram on your
video card.   There are other such applications around, many run in DOS, but
this one works inside Win95/98/NT.      http://nospin.com/pc/files.html

If the card is only providing 8mgs of ram, then either the upgrade module was
not installed properly, is not working properly or the card has a problem.  In any
case if the card is not working properly with the upgrade module, you need to
return it to the vendor for replacement.

Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

At 08:39 AM 1/9/99 , Wendy Brown wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>For Christmas, my mother bought my son a Matrox Millenium G200 video card w/8
>mgs on board memory - upgradable to 16.  She also bought him the 8 mg memory
>module, which he installed, bringing him to a total of 16 mgs.  The problem is
>that the Matrox utility indicates he still only has 8 mgs.  I tried to catch
>the video info when he boots up, but it doesn't appear (strange?) or is just
>to fast for me to see.  How can he determine whether he has the full 16 mgs?
>He has already written to Matrox, but has not received an answer (over a week
>now).  He is 13 and built this PC himself (with a little assistance from mom)
>and it consists of an Asus 440 BX P2B MoBo, Pentium II 300 (Klamath), 128 mgs
>(100) SDRAM, Creative Labs 56 Modem Blaster (PCI, 90V), Memorex 40x CD rom,
>Creative Labs Soundblaster LIVE! and Cambridge Soundwork speakers, NEC
>multisync XV15+ monitor, WD 5.1 ultraDMA hard drive, Logitech mouse, Gravis
>Xterminator gamepad and of course the Millenium G200.

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]