John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 07:31:11 -0500
Hello PC Builders:

Our college has received a donation of several
older FX chipset P-54C motherboards (Zida 5DXP,
to be precise) which are 3.3 volt boards with
Voltage Regulator Module Connectors that require
a daughter board to configure a different voltage.

We have a Pentium 100-S 2.9 volt CPU which came
without any such a VRM daughter board.

Can anyone suggest a solution for setting the
voltage for 2.9 volts?  That is, a solution which
would be cheaper than purchasing a new motherboard
with manual voltage selection for this CPU?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Sincerely,

John Chin

P.S. I have emailed Zida for assistance (who
earlier provided me a manual, which only advised
the use of a VRM daughter board) but I thought I
would submit this inquiry to this diverse forum
of hardware experts for alternative solutions.