From:
"Richmond, Randy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 08:25:02 -0500
Sounds like an issue with the battery.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Brumett [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 1998 7:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCBUILD] Help with an ACER PC

Dear List Members,

The other day I was asked to clear a passworded bios on an ACER PC.
Dutifully, I followed the instructions - I thought - and moved the clear
bios jumper to the clear position.  By the way, this is a Model
ST.0000.2.790 and the bios at the bottom of the screen gives the
following - ACR9AE00-I05-950323-R01-I0.
Anyway, after going through this procedure, I can't get back into bios
to set it back up.  The normal keys to get in are Ctrl-Alt-Esc and they
don't work anymore.  The keyboard is functional as I can use
Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart a soft boot and have tried the keyboard on
another PC and it is OK.  The jumper is back in its original position.

Is all lost or is there some secret way of getting back into bios to
even set it to defaults?  The PC will not recognize the hard drive or
floppy so trying to flash the bios is out for now.  I have been on the
ACER web site and can find no help there.

Your suggestions and help are welcome.

Frank :(

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html