From:
"L. Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 12:08:51 -0600
<<<<<Obesity Puts Black Teens At Greater Risk For Diabetes Than White Teens>>>

<<< It is my opinion that this is true because Black Americans <as American
>Indians> are that much closer in in history to a hunter /gather way of life
>and eating pattern, and are thus suseptable to chronic diet related
disease at
>a younger age than the eastern med/ europeans . Comments? Dorothy>>>>>

Dorothy,  and everyone,

I was thinking the same thing. It makes sense because there is a higher
proportion of blood type O among the original indigenous races, such as
Native Americans and African native descedants.
The majority of type O's are "Hunter-Gatherer" by metobolic type- and
oxidize sugar and alcohol much more quickly than the "Agriculturalist" type
do -who would be generally european white people.( I would love to cite
some specific numbers here but I don't have any available ...anyone??)
This would make them more susceptible to blood sugar problems.

Louise