Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 07:34:25 -0500
Hello T. Martin!

>I see. Do you think that F+E make the unverifiable statements knowing them
>to be false, in order to promote the consumption of animal products? Or do
you
>think they are just mistaken or confused? If they make these statements
>knowingly, why do you suppose they would do this?

No T. , I am not calling them liars. I am interested in pursuing the sources
of their information for the sake of science and the truth.

>> I have met Sally Fallon in person and also have her book "Nourishing
>> Traditions". She has no scientific credentials.
>
>The lack of which is surely no impediment to making a worthwhile
contribution
>to a field, and the presence of which is surely no guarantee of the same.

To make an even better contribution, the scientific and scholarly method,
and good journalism require giving primary references.
The subjects discussed on this list are controversial, which is precisely
why we need to do this.

>> To the extent that her "recipes" encourage persons to move away from the
>> "SAD" diet, I expect individuals would benefit. I do not believe she has
the
>> "last word" on the "ideal" diet.
>
>I don't recall anyone saying that she did, least of all Ray, though you
make
>the same response to his very amicable post.

Sometimes on the internet, messages get scrambled in time sequence and
sometimes my messages do not get posted.

Mahesh [log in to unmask]