From:
The Scarlet Wombat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:59:55 -0400
Oh my, I didn't mean to suggest that I have given up either olives or wine.
 Olives are inedible in their natural state, they must be cured, as do
cashew seeds, and it is unlikely that our paleolithic ancestors did much of
that curing, hence my belief that they are not part of a true (tm) paleo
diet.  However, I'm highly willing to be corrected on this.

Wine is another issue.  I fancy nice wine and have small amounts regularly.
 I don't think we could make a successful argument that it existed much
before 10k years ago, but again, I'm in an eternal learning curve.  I just
hope it doesn't turn out to be a Mobius curve. [grin]

Dan Graham