From:
Gary Vincent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:16:53 -0600
Please don't miss my point, which is simple.  If an individual wants to
lose weight, they a) need to consume the best diet they can
nutritionally, and b)reduce caloric intake until they stabilize at their
desired weight.  I just don't understand the overweight people who can't
accept this.

In my case I thought I was eating the best diet I could for my health.  I
thought I was doing all the right things for my health.  I was eating low
fat, quit drinking coffee, quit smoking and was exercising an hour a day on
my nordic track.  I lost a very small amount of weight even though I worked
very hard at eating the most nutritional diet I could. (or so I thought)
Then I got really sick and gained even more weight.  The worse my health got
the more prepared foods I ate.  Cereal for breakfast, canned soup for lunch,
fast-food for dinner.  Whatever was easy for me or family members to
prepare.  What caused my weight gain and illness were all the forbidden
foods.  My point is how are people suppose to just know what the best
nutritional diet is?  I thought I was doing every thing right by eating a
low fat diet and exercising.  By the way my illness was neurological but my
first symptom was weight gain.  I had no idea that the foods I had been
eating all my life were now making me sick.  How would anyone just know
that?  Your statement "a" makes no sense to me.  "b" makes no sense to me
either. I have been on a Paleo diet for eight months now and I know I eat
far more calories then I did when I was sick and overweight.  I was wearing
a size 13 at my heaviest which was a lot of weight on my 5' short frame.  I
am now a size 3, not overweight at all and have no health problems.  Fat or
thin there is no way I would just accept a or b.

Patti