From:
James Crocker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 21:08:46 -0500
>Rice, I recall from Jenny Brand Miller's posting on Paleodiet, is
>one of those paradoxical foods whose insulin index is lower than
>what would be predicted from its glycemic index.
>
>Todd Moody

This is very interesting indeed.  What would cause this?  Are there other
foods that exhibit similar characteristics?  Can we depend on GI as a
good guide at all for that matter?

Also, what is in rice that makes it so deadly awful?  In other words,
which offending proteins are supposed to cause the immune response
problems, like gluten and luten in wheat?

James Crocker
"Beautiful are the things we see.
More beautiful those we understand.
Much the most beautiful those we do