From:
Geoff Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 20:09:45 -0500
a book by this title was published 20-40 years ago.
Another by the identical title was published recently; it is about folklore
in the Ozarks

It is the first one that I'm looking for.  Wrtten by newly-weds who took off
for far north Canada and lived there off the land for an entire year (or
more?).  In the winter they had plenty of deer and rabbits, but they got
sick nevertheless.  Eventually he took off and got a bear and brought some
of that home, and they recovered enough to go and fetch the rest of it.
The moral of this tale is that small game have no fat, and man has to have
fat with which to metabolise the rest of his intake.  "Carbohydrate burns in
the flame of fats".

     Can you tell me the author and date of this book?  It could even
     come from the late 1930's.

When people take high carbohydrate low fat diet, are they in fact wasting
much of it because they don't have enough fat to burn it with?  What stops
them using up their own fat?  Or do they?  Is that its mechanism as a
slimming diet?

Geoff         [log in to unmask]