From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 09:42:34 -0400
Hello,

I already posted my personal opinion here, that the different means of
preparation between paleolithic times and today might offer a great
difference and danger of mal-adaption ill-nutrition.

Certainly eating raw was the primary choice for both, plants and animals
in paleolithic times.
We can be shure of it before the invention of cooking, may it be
400000bc of 40000 bc (and that's the smaller part of paleolithicum).
When cooking came up, without any pots or pans, frying and boiling was not
possible, maybe meats have just been hung over the fire.

In my opinion,
heat processing of meats of big animals is a key technology to make it
an evolutionary competive foodstuff, because it can reduce the