From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Aug 1998 19:19:30 +0200
At 06:34 1998-08-09 -0700, Moira wrote:

>Also, we have almost unlimited wild boar here. Could I use wild boar for
>pemmican, anyone? What does the list think of wild boar? I can also get lots
>of "pork chops" and "ribs" from wild boar but don't know how to cook them.

I think wild boar has the same problem with trichines as ordinary pigs.
That means You have to have the meat in the freezer for at least 20 days
to kill the parasites if You want to eat it raw (wich it is in pemmican).
I eat farmed wild boar. Side pork I slice and fry, ribs I put on the
oven for one hour and a qoarter to one and a half, more for thicker ribs,
at 175 degrees Celcius, and turn them other side up after 2/3 time.

- Hans