From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 08:22:21 -0700
Hi Todd,

>It is this one-sided use of scientific evidence that I find so
>puzzling.  Neanderthin cites epidemiological evidence that links
>corn to cancer but ignores epidemiological evidence that links
>red meat to cancer.

Any evidence that red meat causes cancer has been conjured up by the
'powers that be' -food conglomerates. ((Modern, grainfed red meat is
mediocre at best, however.)  Vegetarianism has been promoted as alternative
way of eating in lieu of meat eating to sell bean/rice/tofu/grain products.
Ever notice that food is not just sold for taste or quality and more; it is
sold as a 'cure' for something, ie: soy has natural estrogens, oatbran
prevents cancer. In order to sell all this less than nutritious food, meat
must be slandered as well.
All this advertising (lying) has worked too. Look at how confused we all are!
Eating meat was highly regarded as a promoter of health by Adelle Davis
back in 1965. She was a Weston Price affictionado as well. Altho' she
promotes milk and grains, she means unrefined and raw. Ms. Davis has a
wonderful cookbook filled with great meat and especially organ meat recipes.
The only difference between Neanderthin and her books is that we have gone
so far away from nutritious eating the the 1990s that Neanderthin seems
revolutionary. Earlier in this century it was called eating properly.

The premise of Neanderthin, (more than just emphasizing meat-eating), is a
warning-to stay away from refined foods most of which are carcinogenic.
Refined means all the vitamins and minerals are taken out of the food
product; for the body to assimilate these, vitamins and minerals are
leached from the body in the same quantity that they are taken out of the
food.
That is why we die of cancer and degenerative diseases. These are simply
symptoms of severe malnutrition.
Here is a book from the Price-Pottenger Foundation:
Coronary Heart Disease by George V Mann, MD
"Since the 1950's the medical establishment has been warning us that
coronary heart disease is mainly caused by animal fat in our diet. But is
this hypothesis really valid--or is it the greatest health scam of the
century?"
Looks good!

All the best,
Susan