From:
Kent Multer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 14:20:18 -0500
>Well folks, I'm about at the end.  This was a great list when Grant set it
>up.  The people on the list were actually doing the diet, and were looking
>for support in how to do it, rather than arguing every possible facet of it
>as though being dragged kicking and screaming into hell.  Rather than
>arguing about everything BUT the diet.  So I'm unsubscribing.

Hey, John, compared to some other lists I read -- or even a (yuchh) USENET
news group -- this list is not bad.  The numbers of off-topic postings,
flames, illegible garbage, spam, etc. is pretty low.

(P.S.  sorry about including my signature in a couple of recent posts.
Does anyone know of a free or cheap email program for Win95 that can
automatically choose different sigs based on the destination address?)

From your writings, I gather that the diet has worked really well for you,
so it's understandable that you would be completely committed to it, and
that any questioning of its premises would seem like a waste of time to
you.  But not all of us are quite that extreme in our viewpoint.  Also, as
the paleo diet gets more popular, and more people join the list, there's
bound to be an increasing number of "yes, but can't I still eat xxx" -type
messages from newcomers.  I hope you'll reconsider and stick around, even
if you have to delete or scroll past more messages than you did in the past.