NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marla Shapiro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:44:24 -0500
arlene, have you considered trying another pedi gastroenterologist (not to mention a good allergist; can't remember if you said you'd tried that yet!) when our last (idiot) allergist thought my daughter'd outgrown her dairy allergy & sent her to the gastroenterologist, there were a number of things they looked at (& her gastro biopsies could be examined for a number of things, including lactose intolerance)... anybody know what the measurement error is w/ that hydrogen breath test, too??

there are also purportedly food allergies associated w/ more purely gastrointestinal distress...IgG mediated vs. IgE mediated. did they do any of that testing???

& where do you live? maybe some of us can recommend folks where you are.......
marla

Marla Shapiro, Ph.D.
MSC 5A0622
Regents Center for Learning Disorders
Georgia State University
33 Gilmer Street SE, Unit 5
Atlanta, GA 30303-3085

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/20/03 10:07AM >>>

If it's not lactose he's intolerant to can anyone tell me what is
bothering him?  He's going to camp in the summer and I don't know what
to tell them in terms of what he can and can't eat.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Arlene Blekicki