NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loveeles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 15:49:00 -0700
Hi Cindy,

I was reading your reply to Nancy and am in agreement
with you. I also like the Willow Run margarine - it
works great! I've used the Silkwave soymilk in some
recipes but find that my son prefers the Sun Soy
soymilk for drinking and putting in his cereal.

Here's the pancake recipe that we use.  It's from "The
Milk-Free Kitchen..." cookbook. The recipe calls for
water but I find it works well with either water or
soy milk.

1 cup flour
3 T sugar
2 1/4 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
2 1/2 T margarine
3/4 cup water
1 egg or 2 T water

Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together
into a bowl. Heat a frying pan and melt the margarine
in it. Tip the pan from side to side to grease it well
all over. Pour out the melted margarine into a small
bowl add the water and egg, and mix well. Stir liquid
into the flour mixture until it's thoroughly
moistened. It is okay if the batter is still lumpy.
Cook the pancakes on the heated pan until the tops are
bubbly and the bottoms are browned. Turn the pancakes
over to cook the other side - four minutes per side is
usually enough.
Enjoy!

=====
Babes In Paradise is your source for Affordable and Adorable Homemade Baby Bibs, Loveys & so much more!

http://www.babes-in-paradise.com