NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:16:37 EST
I too have tried the creese stuff and it is ok. Too mustardy tasting for me,
but not too bad. Ingredients include nutritional yeast, which perhaps caused
you some trouble. I am casein sensitive, but not immediately and not anywhere
near as bad as some of you have indicated you have to deal with. However, I
would never have bought it if any milk products were in it. Can't say if
there is any soy. I gave the case of creeze stuff to my mother-in-law to have
on hand for when the grandkids come for lunch. It is amazing to me how much
of a mind-cramp it is for the rest of the world to try to figure out what to
feed kids on a milk-free diet for one meal. At home we are more strict (and
the need for variety makes this a daily life challenge), but out, the only
two things I am adamant about are no milk and no pork. This seems to paralize
people. What? Do they live on ham and cheese? Is there no meal in their
diets, ever, that doesn't include milk or pork? How hard is this for one
simple meal? Apparently harder than I thought. Another standard I suggest for
her to keep on hand is a can of vegetarian baked beans, and some plain
macaroni. Cook and drain the macaroni, open the can of baked beans and stir
together. The kids love it. Carrie