NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Suzanne DiPiero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 06:31:30 -0800
Bronwyn,
Thanks for your good wishes, and same to you.

I haven't really had any cheese cravings, although now
that you mention it, I did WANT some of the pizza a
co-worker was eating last week.  It was the first time
I'd actually missed having cheese on a pizza.  It
smelled SOOOO good.  And, this weekend, my husband
made macaroni and cheese.  He asked me to get him some
more because our 85 pound lap dog was sitting on him
(otherwise, he would have gotten his own).  I must
admit, I was tempted to try it!  But I held back.  So,
I guess I've had some cravings, but I really need to
be exposed to it to want some.  In general, I haven't
had any spontaneous cravings for cheese.

Chocolate is a different story.  K-P semi-sweet
chocolate chips don't last long in my house.  I also
have at least one cup of hot chocolate per day, made
with soluble cocoa, sugar and water.  I just recently
found this soluble cocoa at Trader Joes.  With a
spoonful of Fluff, it's quite a treat.

I'm really not blaming any of this on the pregnancy,
though.  I'd say it's due the lack of restriction I've
taken with food now that I'm not trying to lose
weight.

Good luck Bronwyn.  Hopefully the next 5 months will
go smoothly for both of us.  Feel free to write,
off-list, anytime to discuss our stages of pregnancy.

Suzanne