NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sue Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:00:04 EST
Hi,
    My name is Sue and I've been on the list for about 9 months.  I am casein
intolerant and my 11 year old daughter is lactose intolerant (although she
seems to be outgrowing it a bit).
   My 16 year old son was milk intolerant as a baby.  He had excema and bad
colic when I ingested milk (he was breastfeeding).  After I eliminated milk
from my diet for him, I found out I also felt MUCH better.  At that time I
think I was only lactose intolerant, but it has progressed since that time to
casein sensitivity also.
   My son "outgrew" his milk intolerance, but now has mild asthma.  We have
tried eliminating milk from his diet to correct the asthma, but it had no
effect.  Also, two sets of allergists gave him sensitivity tests from milk
and both came up negative.
   My daughter uses "Lactaid" when she eats large amounts of ice cream or
cheese, but hates milk, so she uses soy milk on her cereal and to drink.
   I am just very careful what I eat, and take "DairyCare" twice a day.  If
I goof, I get gastrointestinal problems and migranes and the effects last
about 4 days.  Feels like of like I have a bad flu.  I treat the symptoms as
needed.  I also have developed mild asthma in the last  couple of years.  I'm
now 50 (yikes!) and it seems my body is going through MAJOR changes in the
last few years.  We live in Illinois.
    Sue