NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Carper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:03:02 -0500
There are two possible stories behind the all-day pills.

One is an acidophilus pill call DairyCare, which its creator
claims will work against lactose all day long, after an
initial two-week break-in period. I've had mostly good
feedback on it. Check my web site at;
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stevecarper/dcare.htm

An article in Maclean's magazine talked about a pill to "cure"
lactose intolerance, based on experiments on rats. The "pill" is
a genetically modified virus that puts an active lactase gene into
the intestine where it can manufacture the lactase we lack. This
"cure" is at least ten years away, assuming it ever works at all.
More info on my web site at:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stevecarper/li_cure2.htm

Steve Carper