NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Shaunta Knibb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:26:59 -0800
Jane,

The libraries in the Seattle area do have books about lactose intolerance and milk
allergies, including cookbooks.  I think you should definitely push for such books
in your community.  When my parents first learned that I was lactose intolerant,
the library was the first place they turned.  The cookbook I enjoyed the most as I
was growing up is the Dairy-Free Cookbook by Jane Zukin, published by Prima
Publishing (916-624-5718).

By the way, you can also turn to vegan and some vegetarian cookbooks for good
recipes.  Vegans are strict vegetarians--no animal products of any kind.  You'll
often find more creative recipes in such cookbooks.   Good luck on your quest.

Shaunta Knibb