NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Suzanne DiPiero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 12:35:42 EST
I recently bought Triscuits. I didn't see any dairy ingredients on the label,
but, after eating a few, I noticed a "D" on the front of the box.  Has anyone
else seen this "D" when milk, cream. butter, csien, whey, etc., aren't listed
as ingredients?

I've recently been eating croutons, and having a reaction I couldn't explain.
"Natural flavor" was listed, and upon reading the story on the package, they
commented on using butter to flavor the croutons.  There weren't any Kosher
symbols ("Parve" or "D").  So, watch out for "Natural "Flavors."

Suzanne