NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lori Redman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 08:52:44 -0400
Hi,

This week I made a cream soup base that I thought I would share with you.

3 med  potatoes, peeled  and chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic

Throw potatoes, garlic and onion in stock pot. Add chicken stock until
veggies
are covered. Let simmer for 1/2 hour, adjust seasonings like salt and
pepper.
When potatoes are cooked, puree with a hand blender, or put in food
processor and
puree. Add more chicken stock if mixture is too thick, it should be like
thick
cream. Add flour if too thin.

Let cool, then freeze in containers (about two cups per serving). Now you
have a
cream soup base that you can add whatever you want ( celery, mushroom, corn
and
ham -kids fav-). This soup base will also replace cream soup in any recipe
like
casserole type dishes.

You can make it creamier by adding plain soymilk or silken tofu. I found
the
soymilk curdled a bit (heat was too high, no boiling!) but I just pureed it
again.

Have fun with this!
Lori
use ([log in to unmask]) to respond. Thx!