NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joanne Slotterback <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 13:20:33 EDT
My daughter had eosinophilic gastritis caused by her dairy/soy allergy.
The esosinophil count in the stomach was diagnosed during a biopsy. Our
pediatric gastroenterologist had conducted a study at John Hopikins on
the relationship between eosinophilic esophagitis and food allergies.
His findings were that the condition is caused by milk, soy, and egg
allergies (usually a combination of any or all three). He felt
sufficiently sure to diagnose Jamie as having food allergies even though
her condition was in the stomach. She did suffer from reflux also.
Another symptom was canker sores in the mouth (which our doctor
confirmed as a symptom of a food allergy). Through elimination diet,
allergies to dairy and soy were confirmed. Eliminating these foods
totally from her diet completely cured her gastritis and reflux. She had
no eczema so I can't comment on that.

Joanne in NJ