C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Lara W. Cushing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 08:08:56 -0500
Hello Everyone!

I agree with Chester, the list has been extremely quiet lately.  I have
been consumed in my third year of nursing school.  I had the priveledge of
taking care of a fellow CP on the child floor the other day.  Her CP was
severe...and I remark on the variance that exists within and among the
cerebral palsy diagnosis and effects to the body.  We were both born at 27
wks, but she is confined to a wheelchair, nonverbal, and total ADL's.  I
felt great pride and awe to be able to work with her, read stories and
notice the difference a gentle touch or a kind tone affected her.

I would love to share my story or experiences with others...

Sincerely
Lara