BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Davidson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 10:43:55 EDT
In a message dated 99-05-10 00:49:04 EDT, Ralph wrote:

<< suppose my point (if I have one) may be (unless anybody disagrees) that
 although dutchmen may be the preferred Histo Presto Approach, they may still
 look like shit, and leave you with a building that looks the same.

The good news is you are not alone ; I just visited the historic Regensburg
Cathedral in Bavaria that was just recently restored(11 th cent.) The result
was a hodgepodge of cleaning patinas and "shallow  cavity " flat work left
without dutchmen or patch ....the whole job looked like Ka Ka ......the few
people I talked with had no idea why the work was left like that when so much
money was spent..sound familiar; and this was done by "european craftsmen"
....... I guess the good news is we do not have to accept it...Michael ( out
for a week)