AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Richard Yarl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 04:37:42 -0800
Hello, friends.

On behalf of the Executive Committee and members
of the African Association of Madison, Inc., we are pleased
to acknowledge the initial overwhelmed moral and financial
support given to the family of the late David L. Olson's.  From
Sunday, January 3, 1999, the day of his death  til now, the support
has been a clear representation of what an African community
truly is.  Specifically, on Wednesday, Jan. 6th during the visitation
at the Cress Funeral Home; Thursday, Jan 7th at the funeral in
Westwood Christian Church and Friday, Jan. 8th at the Olson's
residence during a memorial fellowship, it was spectacular to see
how supportive this COMMUNITY is in times like these.    Thank you
so much, friends.  We are proud of you.

Although we did so much as briefly outlined above, like one of us
said, 'please, the interment of David Olson should not mean the
end of the support'.  The David Olson's Memorial Fund at the Firstar
Bank, Madison, account # 791730156 is available.  Continue to do whatever
you can to make  his surviving wife, children among others,  still feel part
of us,
the community.

The thought of BEING PART of a community such as the African Association
of Madison, Inc. is so refreshing and rewarding that I wonder if there would
be
any justifiable reason why I should not be PART of it.  We have so much to
gain
by believing in and subscribing to what the Association stands for that we
will
encourage any by-standers or spectators to jump on board and enjoy a piece
of
the pie.  It's there for ALL OF US.  Do not let it slip by.  Saying I should
have known
may be a minute little too late.

Meanwhile, my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to Ben Weller and
Abu-Hassan Koroma for forwarding related communications to the AAM's
E-mail subscribers at the time my access was temporarily interrupted.  It
was an added form of the support described above.

Cheers and have a great time!

Richard Yarl, President-AAM

2875 Eggiman Rd.
Madison, WI 53713