AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Kumapayi, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 10:01:32 -0600
My response is that particular note should be taken of what Dan has stated
below.  Researches that culminate in a dissertation are aimed towards
proving a hypothesis.  Whether the hypothesis is germane or not depends on
the palate of the audience.  Even surveys or statistical analyses are geared
towards the intended use of the researcher.
My advise to you is not to be quick in adopting the findings of a select
group(s) or person(s).  We know, all too well, what some of these so-called
researches have done to stigmatize women and minorities and what sufferings
and untold hardship yielded thereof.
Most importantly, a belief system is just that...a belief system!  A
religious belief does not require scientific proof neither does science
require a religious proof;  they are separate entities and may co-exist.
Historical facts or no, your faith should lead you; the doctrines of
Christian faith are wonderful and so are Islam, Hinduism etc. if you follow
them truly!
Is Jesus Christ an impostor?  It just doesn't matter!  The belief in Him is
true!

The following response is from Dan Okpala but sent by Ray Kumapayi on his