AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 13:04:04 -0500
From:  Richard Davis <[log in to unmask]> 08/01/01 12:53PM

Greetings,

The Interim Steering Committee of the Madison WI Institutes for the Healing
of Racism met on Tuesday evening, July 31st to begin planning our upcoming seminar schedule.  We would like to offer two sessions, each running for 8 to 10 weeks, meeting once a week for two hours, beginning in early October.
The groups will be led by pairs of facilitators who were trained earlier
this year by Nathan Rutstein and Reggie Newkirk.

Please let me know if you would like to be considered for participation in
one of the groups starting in October.  When you respond also provide one or more preferred days/times you would be available to attend on a regular
basis.  We will then try to plan two groups and get information out so that
you can sign up.  We ask that when you sign up for a group, you will make a commitment to attend all eight to ten weeks of the session.

Finally, we would like to suggest that you obtain copies of the two books
that are considered essential reading for those taking part in Institute for
the Healing of Racism sessions.

1. (first reading) "Racial Healing" by Nathan Rutstein and Reggie Newkirk,
$15.  Read this before attending the 10-week series.

2. (second reading) "Coming of Age at the Millennium" by Nathan Rutstein,
$17.

To order call the Training Resource Center at (800) 837-5591.  Shipping may take one to two weeks.

RSVP as soon as possible so that we can continue with planning the upcoming sessions for fall.

Love,
Cousin Richard

--
Richard Davis