AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Richard Yarl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Yarl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 00:00:18 -0800
CHANGE IS ON THE HORIZON
Monday, 10-Jan-2000 05:16:07

Message:
63.28.165.22 writes:

CHANGE IS ON THE HORIZON

By T. Q. HARRIS

You probably believe, like most people around the world, that the new
Millennium
began on January 1, 2000. Why? Perhaps the media, your parents, teacher,
neighbor, or a trusted friend told you so. Or you might have read it
somewhere.
But have we truly entered the new [3rd] Millennium? The answer is No.

Sorry to disappoint you, the party you attended on New Year's Eve was only
usher in the year 2000. In fact the new Millennium will actually begin on
January
1, 2001.  Take this from me, a man who tracks time so meticulously that he
even invented and patented a unique timepiece - the one-handed watch/clock.

The 3rd Millennium starts in 2001 because when Dennis the Diminutive forged
his common calendar from the divergent dating systems of his day, rather
than
starting with the year zero, it begins with the date January 1, 1 A.D. There
was
never a year zero (0 A.D., 0 B.C.).

A millennium is a period of 1000 years, so the first Millennium ends with
year
1000. The next [2nd] Millennium starts 1000 years after the first, this is
in year
1001 (1 + 1000). Now can you see why the new [3rd] Millennium will start in
the
year 2001 (1001 + 1000).

The reason I'm bringing to your attention this millennium dating system is
illustrate the point that most of what we think and sometimes believe may
not
necessarily be correct. We have to seek out the truth.