VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 21:07:52 -0600
From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Jim Vaglia - TRFN Volunteer wrote:

Jim: People who quot are as annoying to me as those who design poor webpages.

Jim,

they are annoying to me as well.  Realize that we have a lot of
inexperienced users on the list who may not be aware of net etiquette or
good list practice.  Could you help educate list members about this?
Perhaps you could locate a paper on good ways to participate on a mailing
list.  You might also share your concerns with individual list members.

Some people may not know how to turn this default feature off in their
mail program.

Another thing that drives me crazy is people who post multiple times to the
list when it is being held.  the server sends them a message saying that
the traffic limit has been reached and their message is being held.  But
these souls continue to post anyway.  Any ideas about this dilemma?

kelly