VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 15:13:05 -0500
Bill,

Thanks for the steer on why the Subject Line was invented. Is it too too
outlandish to conjecture that someone will someday figure out how to link
the subject line to the delete key so that a mere tap will eliminate not
only the bothersome subject line but the irrelevant drivel it heralds as
well? Wouldn't such a development save the Thought Police a lot of time.
Thought Cops who are voice users could rig things such that the mere tapping
of the delete key would cause their speakers to blare: "Take that you lowly
pile of irrelevance and never darken my system again!" Maybe my subject
line/delete key idea is just too far out, but, if we all close our eyes
really really tight and wish and wish with all our might who knows what will
come of it. Alternately we could pool our coin and fund civility lessons for
humourless folk whose computer egos have run amuck.

Like Liz, I got a wrist slap for my irrelevant support of her irrelevant PDF
post. Odd, since I was interested in what she had to say.

Bill Carroll, Toronto