Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 10:48:30 -0500
Hey Mike,
This will happen without a virus.  Of course, that doesn't
mean your not infected.  Last night I fdisked a 5 gig drive
so that the primary partition was 545 meg in FAT16.
It formatted without a hitch.  Then I decided the partition was
too big.  I erased the partitions, set the primary partition to
534 meg in FAT16, and when I tried to format, I got your error
message exactly.  I edited my win95 osr2 boot diskette
to add the lines,
device=a:\himem.sys
dos=high
to config.sys, rebooted, and the command "format c: /s"
ran fine, no more errors.  Since the two different format
commands were for partitions with different cluster sizes, maybe
small clusters need more memory to load in the system files
from diskette. Maybe I did something different in fdisk the
first time and didn't notice, like forgot to set the partition active?
Tom Turak

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html