Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 23:05:40 -0400
7bit
From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
It may just be a dirty CD.  Even brand new CDs can have a film of
oil and/or dirt from the manufacturing facility's equipment.

I clean CDs with plain soap and water (chemicals may pit the
surface) and --this is the important part--  *always* wipe from
the center to the outer edge.  Just like the spokes on a bicycle
tire.  NEVER rub a CD in a circular motion.

There are cleaning kits for the CD reader but I have never found
a need to use one.  But that may be because we went from 2x to
4x to 8x to 16 speed and higher SO fast, that the old one didn't
have time to get really dirty. <g>

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting     Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol   International Webmasters Association
=====

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**