Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 14:04:51 +1000
I thought that the effects of alcohol depended primarily on the form.
ie wine was beneficial (esp red wine)
spirits neutral
beer harrmful
Wine's goodness being attributed to antioxidants such as resveratrol that
are all the rage.

Is alcohol paleo?
Paleo diets are based on eating what the body was designed to take over
millions of years (with or without evolutionary adjustment). Of course it
wasn't designed to take large amounts alcohol in the first place. To think
otherwise is wishful thinking. The question is, IF I ELECT TO TAKE ALCOHOL
(without any confabulated justifications) what harm will it do me? Well, the
toxins (apart from the aclohol) will be quite different from those of
breads, grains, cereals and dairy products. So, it might not reactivate any
problems that have disappeared on Plaeodiet (such as arthritis etc). It
might just cause different problems. It will contain plenty of chemicals the
body isn't designed for, hopefully they're not too bad. At least wine looks
OK for the heart.

By the way, ever been to Scotland? What did you think of the food?

Ben Balzer