Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 07:42:53 -0400
Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

>1.Most spelt you get is a "modern" spelt, modified in the last years
>  to be closer to normal wheat and accept nitrogen  fertilizer.
>  But I have access to real old spelt grains (red-grains) that a farmer
>  near me uses as his own seed grain since 20-30 years.

Marketing bullshit.

>  Other "wheats" which I do avoid are: heavily genetic modified,

Breeding of spelt and wheats has been taking place since agriculture has
been taking place. Any changes from the past 20-30 years is minuscule
compared to the changes taken place before. For example back at the
beginning they were selected for the seeds to not fall off the plant. Today
wheat is unable to reproduce itself.

Don.