From:
Diane Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 11:21:20 -0600

   I asked the salesperson at Menu Direct if I could post the following
special they are having to introduce the gluten free items to new customers.
She said that was fine and to call 1-888-636-8123 ext 6727 to order.  Ask
for Gayle and tell her where you saw the offer posted so she will know to
give you the special deal.  (I forgot to ask, but since they ship two-day
delivery Federal Express, I suspect it is available to USA customers only,
however, others may want to check for delivery in their area.)
   For those not familiar with the food available from Menu Direct, it is
ready to eat and arrives at your door frozen.  They have a website at
http://www.menudirect.com  The special is not available there but you can see
the products.  You will also get information in your order about their other
gluten free products from Dietary Specialties, mixes and ready to eat.  I
read about some of the items on the website, and the cookies sound
especially good.
   The price per package of food is $50, NO shipping and handling!  (A savings
of $21 on one package, $30 on two!)  I also didn't have to pay tax, though I
am not sure if that is true in all states.  (So that was another $6.13 saved
on the order.)  With the added expenses of a gluten free diet, it is nice to
save money every once in a while.  :)
   The specials are:
The Italian package, which contains 2 meat lasagnas, 2 vegetable lasagnas, 2
cheese pizzas, 2 vegetable pizzas, 2 macaroni and cheese, 1 package English
muffins and 1 package brownies.
The Heartland package, which contains 2 chicken stew with pasta, 2 chicken
with rice and vegetables, 2 cheese pizzas, 2 chili, 2 macaroni and cheese, 1
package English muffins and 1 package brownies or blondies.  (I substituted
blueberry muffins for the English muffins in the second package, since I
ordered both packages.)
   I have no financial interest in MenuDirect.  Just happy to have some ready
to eat items on hand for the kids and real pizza for them to take to their
various pizza parties.   :)
        Diane