From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 23:57:48 -0400

I have worn a medic-alert bracelet for years--I am also diabetic.

I have a few suggestions:
1) there is a difference between the bracelet you pick up at the
drugstore and a medic-alert.  Medic-alert has a well-establish
reputation and drs and er personnel can quickly get in touch with them

2. I know this is over-kill, but I feel better stating on the bracelet,&
on a card I carry in my wallet that
"Celiac--allergic to gluten in grains--allergic to wheat, oats, barley "
etc, I also state that I am diabetic, noting my meds, and that I am
allergic to penicillin.
On my license I state "diabetic, celiac, allergic to antibiotics"

If someone makes a mistake, at least I haven't done all that I could to
prevent it.
Ann