From:
twodot&d <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 08:36:34 -0500

Dear Listmates, Hi this is Donna, 55 yr old life long celaic. I posted a
short blurb hoping to hear from other celiacs around my age (a week or so
ago) and their stories- well, I have been overwhelmed with the email and
reading all your stories and tried to respond to some of you and left the
longer responses til I have some time. I have a shared mailbox so try to
keep it cleared up . Hopefully I saved all the addresses I hope to respond
to and will do this next week. If I missed you please write back and let me
know ( there may have been some accidental deleting.

To summarize it briefly- we seem to be a tough lot- surviving in spite of
it all, and the fortunate ones may be the ones who did most of the
diagnosing themselves.The consensus is that everyone except one felt  much
better being on the GF diet but there of course are some deficiency after
effects of  that constant malnourishment and immune compromise and diarrhea

Thankyou very much for all your support and response. My heart warms and
feels good with the memories of your stories-Good health to you all.   Donna