From:
"Lorry B. Getz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 12:19:44 -0700

HI,

Sorry to confuse you in my earlier posting today but some responses
prompted me to realize I was not clear about my dad and his alleged
sprue diagnosis from 1984.  He was tentatively diagnosed with
sprue...the doctor and pathologist could not agree on how the villae
presented itself.  The pathologist did not think it was as severe as the
doctor did, and the doctor did admit that it wasn't totally
representative of sprue...yet he felt my father exhibited enough
symptoms to classify it as "sprue"...

My dad followed a gluten free diet for a very brief time..(until he felt
better...he was NEVER told then to stay on it for life) and gradually
went back onto gluten with no noticeable adverse effects.  To this day
he is still feeling fine for the most part.  The only time he has gluten
free foods is when he is over at my house.  We are trying to convince
him to undergo another biopsy for his and the grandchildrens' sake...he
is working on building up the courage to undergo another biopsy which,
from what I understand is far different today than it was in the early
80's.

Hope this helps.

Robin in CO, USA