From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 06:59:25 -0600
For what it is worth, an intel 200Mhz Pentium Overdrive chip will probably
cost around $150 or so and you can purchase an ATX Case, Celeron 300a, and a
cheap motherboard for around the same price. You should be able to purchase
an AMD K-6 2 300MHz and MB for a little less and you can purchase a regular
Intel Pent 200MMX CPU for under $50 and the MB for another $50.

If you really want to use the same MB, you might try used Computer shops in
your area or look online at some of the online auctions and classified
sites.

Dennis Noble
Computer Parts & Upgrades
http://www.computersalacarte.com

>I've been looking to upgrade a pentium 75Mhz computer to a 200Mhz
>(non-mmx) but can't seem to find an Intel chip anywhere.  The
>motherboard, a Shuttle Hot 541 will max out at 200 Mhz non-mmx.  I can
>find 166Mhz and the Evergreen variety of processors etc.
>Can anyone assist ??
>TIA, Jerry

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html