From:
Bob Chapel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 04:27:57 -0500
Hello,

Bright guy that I am and always alert for a good deal I bid on an INTEL
Cardbus Lan Card (a rather expensive little thing if bought retail)and got a
very nice price.  What I didn't know is that this is a rather specific
interface that is not supported by any but the newest laptops.

Anyone have any idea how I might make the thing work with my 16 bit pcmcia
slots (ie..are 16 bit card slots so because of a card interface in the
machine that governs them or is it the drive itself?) Am I essentially out
of luck until I buy a new laptop?
The one I have suits my purposes just fine (CTX ez700 200mhz with 40 megs of
memory)  I guess I can always return it to INTEL and ask to replace it with
the 16 bit model but I might be past the 30 day limit.  Whatever.....any
suggestions welcome (apart from using it as a 50.00 bookmark<g>

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com