From:
Larry Atlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 18:03:25 -0600
"Villano, Paul" wrote:

> Okay, it seems that my motherboard and graphics card have both gone to
> glory.  SIGH.  Whimper.  Moan.  Is there any way to salvage the
> information that was on there?  Can I remove the "hard drive" (remember,
> it's a Gateway DX2) and somehow reinstall it onto another machine?

You have to understand that you didn't have any 'information' on your
motherboard or graphics card other than configuration information.  If
the hard drive is unharmed, then all of it's data is intact and
unharmed.  You should have little problem installing it in a different
PC and copying the information or using that drive in the new machine if
you're satisfied with it.  The 'how-to' of the matter will depend on
whether you plan on a temporary or permanent installation, the setup of
the machine you'll be installing it in, the nature of the machines drive
controller, etc.  Sorry to hear your machine went belly up, but your HD
is probably okay.  HTH

--
Larry Atlow                          Internet:[log in to unmask]
Microcomputer Analyst                Phonenet: (601) 264-9639