From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 23:14:15 -0500
At 12:33 PM 1/23/1999 Tim Johnson wrote:

>I'm looking for specifications/information on a number of hardware
>components. The first one is a 1992 "Quadtel" video card.
>Written on the "Trident" chip was: TVGA 8900cl. In looking
>around for specs, I can only find the newest cards and chips
>available. Can anyone help me?

Tim:

You can go to the Trident website for the 8900 video
chipset drivers at:

http://www.tridentmicro.com/TRIDENT/HTML/DRIVERS/tgui_tvga.htm#8900

These are the generic drivers. For actual Quadtel (assuming they
tuned a set of drivers for their own video cards, you need to
do some searching. The drivers usually have a README file which
provides general specifications and information.

Besides doing a Yahoo, Alta Vista, et al. search, you can try
the Websites of driver pages such as:

   The Driver Zone:  http://www.driverzone.com/

   Drivers HQ: http://www.DriversHQ.com/

   Windrivers: http://www.windrivers.com/

   Vobis:  http://www.vobis.de/

If Quadtel was a white box OEM video company, you probably
won't find much info. However, video cards are commodities and
usually follow general standards (such as VESA).

As Trident advises:

   If you can't find the name of your product manufacturer on
   the board, or on any product material, documentation, or
   packaging, then look on the product itself for an FCC ID
   number.  Take this alpha-numeric ID number and go to the
   FCC's web site at

        http://www.fcc.gov

   and do a "Grantee Search Report".  All you need enter
   is the "Grantee Code" which is the first 3 digits of
   the FCC ID number.

HTH. Good luck.

John Chin

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]