From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 09:53:48 -0500
My understanding is that the OEM Celeron 300-A does not come with the
heatsink/fan combination that the retail or "boxed" version of the 300-A
comes with.  There are a number of brands of fans made by manufacturers
other than intel for the Celeron, often with two fans instead of one, due to
the popularity of this chip for overclocking.

I erred in the other direction.  I bought a "boxed" version of this chip,
but assumed that this was an OEM version of the chip.  (I thought that for
the price - $79 -  it must be missing something.)  And, I went ahead and
also ordered a heat/sink fan at the sametime.  Now I have one chip but two
heatsink/fan attatchements.  :-)

John

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]