From:
Kristine Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 09:31:18 -0500
What type of system do you have?  The reason I ask is that I recently purchased
a Western Digital 8.4GB HD but my bios was not upgradeable and special software
has to be loaded during boot-up for all of the HD and partitions to be
recognized.  When I first used the Win98 boot disk, I had a similar problem as
you, until I modified the boot disk to look to the special software.  Now
everything is fine when I use it. Was there any special installation software
when you added the HD?  Just a thought...

Regards,
Kris

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html