From:
"John P. Penasack" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 20:00:11 -0500
I don't have a solution to Wayne Harris' problem: I share his dilemma and am
very interested in solutions.
I have a PB 60mhz pentium with 40mb ram, the original C Drive of 450 mb, a
second 1.2G hard drive on D and a CD on E. The CD was moved to E when the
1.2 was added by Computer City.
I made the mistake of continuously using disc comprehension.  When I got my
new PC I decided to uncompress, D first,  because I didn't have enough room
on C.  Something happened during uncompression and I couldn't get W98
preview to operate and couldn't uninstall it. 98 expires this month anyway.
 I just kept deleting files from D.  I could not get the CD recognized. I
can't use the PB install CD because it doesn't recognize the CD being on E.
I have W95 startup disks and a W95 updgrade disk.  I did reinstall MSDOS
6.2. I didn't FDISK.
I know I must change MSDEX .
Looking for a game plan to install W95.

John Penasack