From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 10:33:42 -0500
At 12:04 AM 2/18/1998 Steve Snyder wrote:
> . . .
>   Anyone had experience with the reliability of rebuilt
>HDs?   I'm a little leery now.

Not Seagate but Maxtor rebuilts. They seem okay and work
far better than the ones replaced. I suppose the factory can
perform a very deep diagnostic and replace the defective
part(s).

But there are hours of use on the drives and they have
been handled so they're not virgins. On the other hand,
they're been rigorously tested in the real world and in
the factory, so that counts for something, too.

None of my two rebuilds have failed yet (but their brand new
predecessors have). Hope that ameliorates your misgivings.

Regards,

John Chin

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]