From:
Dean Esmay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 16:26:44 -0400
>Isn't this supposed to be one of the most popular low-carb diets
>around?  Like Atkins, Zone, NeanderThin, Carbohydrate Adict's, Protein
>Power or some order like that?

Nope.  It's a self-published book by the author, and there is currently no
distributor actively promoting it, so there are only a few thousand people
worldwide who've read it.  It appears at this point that NEANDER THIN's
primary promotion comes from the fact that's it's mentioned so favorably in
PROTEIN POWER by Michael Eades and Mary Dan Eades.  The people on the
low-carb listservs have all heard of it because it was mentioned in that
book, and have discussed it considerably since most low-carbers believe
that a general low-carb lifestyle is closer to our evolutionary diet than
what is now promoted as "healthy" (low-fat diets full of tofu, bagels,
rice, etc.).

What Ray needs is some serious promotion, with guerilla marketing and a
better web site.  I've talked to him about working ons omething like that
but it will require working up a business plan and getting together some
capital and more time than I'v had the last month or so.

Neander Thin SHOULD sell better, although I feel it badly needs to be
rewritten to address some points--either that or a companion volume needs
to be released.  There are too many statements in Neander Thin that beg to
be called into question, and huge gaping holes are left open for
vegetarians and other low-fat advocates to trample all over it.  This is a
problem because the basic concepts and philosophy are -very- sound and
undoubtedly quite a few people could benefit from it.  (I continue to
strongly suspect that some people would not be healthy on the diet exactly
as described in the book, but I believe an awful lot of people would be.)